Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Small problem with GetopenFileName

SAPDataWorkbook = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
filefilter:="Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)
If Not IsArray(SAPDataWorkbook) Then
MsgBox "Nothing selected"
Else
For i = LBound(SAPDataWorkbook) To UBound(SAPDataWorkbook)
Workbooks.Open Filename:=SAPDataWorkbook(i)
Next i

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
Good morning all!

I want to be able to let the user select multiple files from a
GetOpenFileName dialog box, but also filter the file list to Excel files

only
and trap for the user pressing Escapel.

If I use:

SAPDataWorkbook = Application.GetOpenFilename()
If SAPDataWorkbook = False Then
Exit Sub
End If
Workbooks.Open Filename:=SAPDataWorkbook

I can press escape OK AND open a workbook

If however I change the first line thus:

SAPDataWorkbook = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
filefilter:="Excel Files (*.xls),*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)
If SAPDataWorkbook = False Then
Exit Sub
End If
Workbooks.Open Filename:=SAPDataWorkbook

to filter to *.xls I can press escape, but get the message "Type mismatch"
with

If SAPDataWorkbook = False Then

highlighted.

Can anyone out there help, please?