Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rubble Rubble is offline

Default How to use VBA to update a SQL Server Table from a Spreadsheet

THANK YOU !!! That is evidence that I truly am an idiot. Thanks Again !!

"Jake Marx" wrote:

Hi Keith,

Rubble wrote:
The question I have now is that when I was writing some data
to a database this morning I was trying to write some pretty large
decimal numbers to some fields. When I looked at the data in the sql
database it all showed up as "0's". My field is defined as a decimal
with precision to 18. I can't seem to figure out why this isn't
working at the moment. Any ideas?

Precision and Scale are terms that can be somewhat confusing IMO. Precision
of 18 means that you can have 18 digits in your number. But Scale is what
determines the number of decimal places. For example, if you set Precision
to 18 and Scale to 10, you can have 18 digits - 8 to the left of the decimal
point and 10 to the right. Does that help?

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com