Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
wmureports wmureports is offline

Default Import Problem

The blank rows are coming from the imported xls files. Each file has a
set number of rows, even if the rows are blank. So its copying all the
rows even if they are blank

Tim Williams wrote:
Where are the blank rows coming from?
Without knowing the source it's difficult to suggest a fix...
Posting code always helps.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"wmureports" wrote in message ups.com...
I am importing data from a lot of .xls files(over 100). The data
imports and goes to the apprioriate location. The problem I am
encountering is that I get blank rows. My spreadsheet will look
similar to this

ID Name Phone
1 Joe 555-5555
2 Joe 555-5555
3 Joe 555-5555

4 Joe 555-5555
5 Joe 555-5555

6 Joe 555-5555

7 Joe 555-5555
8 Joe 555-5555
9 Joe 555-5555

Like that with random empty rows. What would i add to my macro to
ignore rows that are blank???