Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lif[_5_] lif[_5_] is offline

Default find each of the items in an array and save result in another array

Hi,

There must be an easy solution to this.

I am working with an array of values and need to look up each value in
a worksheet and store the value of a cell 3 columns away in another
array.

Now the following code works for single variable

Dim Pre as string
With Worksheets("Pre_Rawdata").Range("h2:p8")

Pre = .Find(What:="13", After:=.Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
_
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Offset(0, 3)
End With

but I actually need to do the same thing but where pre is an array and
the What:= term is an array.

like this

Dim Pre(1 to 25) as string
Dim precondtition(1 to 25) as string

For i = 1 To 25
With Worksheets("Pre_Rawdata").Range("h2:p8")
Pre(i) = .Find(What:=precondition(i), After:=.Cells(1, 1), _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows,
_
SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False).Offset(0, 3)
End With
next

I get "Object variable or with block variable not set"

How can I find all the members of an array in a range and store the
results in another array???

Thanks for any help,
Luis

--