Big Andy D

Whatever you are paid ... it is not enough ... many thanks.

That's been a thorn in my side for too long.

Many thanks.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

entering a "formula" into a cell.

Ahh, that just created a flashback<g. If the user has "Transition
navigation keys" selected under Tools, Options, Transition then hidden
columns will be temporarily exposed when you go into "point mode" when
entering a formula. This option is there to mimic 1-2-3 and that is how
1-2-3 behaved, at least when I used it in my pre-Excel days.

--
Jim
"Big Andy D" wrote in message
| My apologies ... typo ... entering a "formula" into a cell.
|
| I'll get the user to try it tomorrow but it appears to happen on any
| spreadsheet she works on. No macros involved - I'll check her
personal.xls.
| I agree about it being unusual ... I've never seen it before and I cannot
| recreate in on any other PC.
|
| Any thoughts?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I'm not sure what you mean by "entering a column into any cell" but
columns
| unhiding themselves is pretty unusual. Can a macro be involved (perhaps
| unknowingly)? If you disable macros when you open the workbook does the
| problem still occur? If so, when you start Excel in safe mode so that
no
| extra files are opened (Start-Run and enter "Excel.exe /s" without
quotes)
| does it happen?.
|
| --
| Jim
| "Big Andy D" <Big Andy wrote in message
| | Background:
| | Spreadsheet contains many ranges of hidden columns.
| |
| | Problem:
| | When manually (i.e. no macro involved) entering a column into any
cell,
| all
| | hidden columns unhide - causing much frustration to the user
concerned.
| |
| | This problem is local to one user and their PC. This would suggest
that
| | this is an Excel setting ... but I can't find it for the life of me !!
| |