FSt1

hi,
here is the networkdays formula

=NETWORKDAYS($BY$3,BY37,$BW$2:$BW$4)
It canculate the number of days between 2 dates. which don't seem to be what
you're trying to do. You can use the formula =TEXT(BY32,"ddd") to display the
day of a certain date but in your example, you have no dates so i'm a little
confused. you might consider a hidden column of dates to allow the formulas
something to work from.

Post back with more info

Regards
FSt1

"Steve" wrote:

I've had a look at Chip's site and think the answer to my problem will
lie in a Networkdays formula, but don't _know_. So...

Cells A3-A7 are Mon, Tues... Fri
Cell A1 contains the month, B1 the year.

What I want to do is see what day the 1st of the month falls on. I then
want to zero out all days prior to that in column B. From the 1st
onwards, I want to be able to input data.

So, for example, September 05 would look like:

A B
September 2005

Mon 0
Tues 0
Weds 0
Thurs
Fri

If the 1st was a Monday, as it is this month, for example, I would want
all B3-B7 left clear for input.

Does anyone know how I would do this?

Thanks in advance

Steve