Jon Peltier

I had a cut at the article a year ago, and was underwhelmed, because the
problem has been occurring since long before the existence of any "wide
screen display that has a greater width to height ratio than 4:3".

Since then I've tried to help categorize conditions that lead to the
problem, but since none of my machines are susceptible to the problem,
it's hard to track down.

Others have reported that updating their video or monitor drivers have
helped (but some say it didn't help).

The only saving grace is that these charts (seem to) display properly in
print preview and on the printed page.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Andy Pope wrote:

Is there a fix on the horizon?

Not that I know of but then that's not really saying a lot. The KB
article is a year old and as far as I know a patch has not been issued
so I would assume the fix is going to require something major like a new
version of the OS or Office. Even then there's no guarantee's. But with
the rise in wide screen usage I would have thought the problem would be
addressed, eventually.

Cheers
Andy

M Vincent wrote:

Unfortunately, the link did not solve my problem. I have searched all
the newsgroups and have been unable to find an acceptable solution.
The problem appears to occur both in Excel and PowerPoint. I do have
a widescreen laptop monitor, and simultaneously drive an 4:3 external
monitor. I constantly have problems with charts, especially the
y-axis labels, but also problems where entire chart windows will
change when the screen resolution is altered. (This happens with some
regularity as I give PowerPoint presentations at dozens of locations,
and occasionally the laptop screen will try to resize to be compatible
with the projector) It apparently can cause font substition and other
issues. I've tried using othe fonts, both true- and non true-type.
Appending several spaces and a period (with the same font color as
the background) does solve some problems with the y-axis, but not
all. It seems this is a very prevalent problem with monitors that are
not 4:3 proportions. Is there a fix on the horizon?

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Came across this today.

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel

http://www.andypope.info