Paul Sheppard

Default Macros for Protect/Unprotect all sheets in a workbook

Macros for Protect/Unprotect all sheets in a workbook

I have been using the macros below for Protecting/Unprotecting all
sheets in a workbook, they work ok unless the sheets are password
protected, in which case the Unprotect drop down appears and I have to
enter the password for each sheet

Is there any way to change the macros so that irrespective of how many
sheets there are I only have to enter the password once to either
unprotect them all or protect them all

If possible the macro should still run for sheets with no password

Sub unprotect_all()
Dim wks As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
wks.Unprotect
Next
End Sub

Sub protect_all()
Dim wks As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
wks.Protect
Next

Paul Sheppard
Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783