lendapilot

I did try a copy and a rename, but that didn't work. The file is not on a
network drive. Any other tips? Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Is this file on a network drive?

If yes, sometimes rebooting the server helps.

Any chance you can use windows explorer to copy it to another name (or location)
and open it from there.

(sometimes that may work if the server can't be rebooted until later.)

lendapilot wrote:

That didn't help. Is there something else I can do?

"Lady Layla" wrote:

Delete all files in your C:\windows\temp directory -- files and directories that
is, reboot and try again

"lendapilot" wrote in message
: A log.xls file was saved to the desktop in win'98se. On double clicking the
: file, an 'i' error is generated indicating that the 'file cannot be accessed.
: The file may be read only.'.
: The file attribute was archive and changing it to anything else, didn't
: help. Copy-paste and rename also didn't help.
: Is this file unrecoverable? Thanks.
: Len
:

--