Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Color Problems

Still the oddest part of all this
is that when I try to set a background or text color, the button click

does
nothing at all.

That sounds like the sheet is protected (formats only perhaps). You said it
wasn't in your OP but might be worth double checking.

Regards,
Peter T

"John Keith" wrote in message
Text is visible. All appears black and white. Grid lines are black (all

of
the
borders are set to the solid black line). Still the oddest part of all

this
is that when I try to set a background or text color, the button click

does
nothing at all.

John

"keeena" wrote:

When you say "without any color (text color or background)", I assume
you mean everything looks white? Is the text visible or no? Is there
a cell grid (the default light gray grid) or no?