Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Find and Paste Program

No partially. You are correct that you would put it in a module. the same
type as you would get doing Insert=Module

I gave you a sub which would be run manually. Sounds like you want a user
defined function (UDF) that you can use in the worksheet.

Usage: =FindCell(F2,VVGI.TC_EST!$B$1:$IV$13275)

Public Function FindCell(cell as Range, rng1 as Range)
Dim rng2 as Range
Set rng2 = rng1.Find(cell.Value)
If Not rng2 Is Nothing Then
FindCell = rng1.Parent.Cells(rng2.row,1).Value
else
FindCell = "Not found"

Just not the FIND will not work in a UDF in versions of xl before xl2002.
So it works in xl2002/XP and xl2003

Tom Ogilvy

"Taru" wrote:

thank you very much, this is exactly what I need. However I still have
a few questions.

first off I'm supposed to enter your code as a module, right?

Second can I activate that module anywhere in the sheet, and I would do
so by typing =module1

If it is supposed to be a module, and I can type =module anywhere in
the sheet to activate it then I have one more questions

When I run the module excel gives me an error of #Name which it calls
an invalid name error.

--
Taru
Taru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35494