Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] gdick@kerrhenderson.com is offline

Default Import a CodeModule then call its method in Workbook_Open()

First of all thanks Bob for you answer which did address my original
problem.

Thanks Dave for guidance towards an "Add-In". This makes life way
easier

Im able to call the InitialiseConfig() method living in my Add-In from
the WorkBook_Open()

Im also able to reference the methods other in the Add-In in my VBA.
By setting a reference (Tools - References command )

The true benefit is that an update to the Add-In becomes available to
each Spreadsheet that references it the next time it is opened

i.e. change code in one place but used in many places (updates
automatically available)
just what i was looking for

:-)

Thanks Guys

A wee side question

I place a list of classes in my Add-In

eg.

AxaSpecific.cls
CMSpecific.cls
FPSpecific.cls
GESpecific.cls

Depending on which Workbook you open

i.e.

AXAimport.xls
CMimport.xls
FPimport.xls
GEimport.xls

I want to instantiate the appropriate object

currently i use something like

Select Case UCase(Left(ThisWorkBook.Name, 2))
Set providerSpecific = New AxaSpecific
Case "CM"
Set providerSpecific = New CMSpecific
Case "FP"
Set providerSpecific = New FPSpecific
Case "GE"
Set providerSpecific = New GESpecific
..
..
..
Case Else
End Select

Is there a slicker way as my case statement has many more options