Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hstijnen hstijnen is offline

Default How to open .xlt containing PivotTable?

Hi,
I've an Excel template MySheet.xlt containing a pivot table based on a query
exported from Access. In VBA I open the template:

Set appExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set wbk = appExcel.Workbooks.Open(MySheet.xlt)

And I get MySheet1.xls. So far OK. But the pivot table is not updated and
trying to update it manually, gives an error: Invalid Pivot Table.
However, when I open the sheet by double clicking the xlt the pivot table is
updated, and all is OK.

How can I realize that in VBA?
Application.FollowHyperlink MySheet.xlt
opens the xlt directly