Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lurker111 lurker111 is offline

Default Using Controls on a Worksheet

I have used the "Userforms" and did many great things with controls to get
data from a user.
Now I want to create a "form" by placing the controls directly on a
worksheet. The problem I am having is determing how to access the controls.
I can't figure out the object to reference.

For instance I have a combobox named PMcombo
I have tried:
activeworksheet.PMcombo
activeworksheet.forms.PMcombo
activeworksheet.controls.PMcombo
....(add about 75 other combinations of various objects)
I've tried creating an object to use the controls.findcontrol (type:=
msocontrolcombobox)...and tried it with a variant.

I have searched the help files...and now I have ended up here unable to
figure out such an easy little thing which prevents me from doing anything at
all.

I plan to use the workbook_open method to populate the combobox from a list
of data on the worksheet. I considered using a "form combobox" but unlike
the control combobox, it seems you cannot type your own value into it.

Thanks