Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Wizard Wizard is offline

Default Excel, reference a cell for parameter in SQL to import data

I am using SQL in Microsoft Query to import data from a ODBC data source
into Excel. I am linking mutiple tables from the source and this seems
to prevent from being able to reference a cell in the spreadsheet as a
parameter value. The import works when I 'hard-code' the date in the
code, but I would like to be able to reference a cell in the spreadsheet
so the end user can refresh the data after just changing the date in the
spreadsheet. Here's a portion of my code:

SELECT trim(gltrans.ref), GlTrans.Value
FROM GlTrans INNER JOIN SYSFIL
ON (GlTrans.SUB_ACCT = SYSFIL.DB_SUB_ACCT)
AND (GlTrans.ACCT = SYSFIL.DB_ACCT)
AND (GlTrans.DEPT = SYSFIL.DB_DEPT)
AND (GlTrans.BRANCH = SYSFIL.DB_BRANCH)
AND (GlTrans.COY = SYSFIL.DB_COY)
WHERE GlTrans.Period_Date < '2006-06-01' AND
(SYSFIL.Module_Type='VHS' AND SYSFIL.Acc_des='RT') AND
GlTrans.Year_End_Date =
(SELECT current_year_end_date FROM company WHERE coy = (SELECT db_coy
FROM sysfil WHERE acc_des = 'debtor'));

What I would like to do is replace the '2006-06-01' date with the date
supplied in cell C1 in my spreadsheet. I do have the date formatted
correctly in the cell.

I have searched for resolutions on the Internet, trying several
examples, but have not found the correct resolution yet. Any help is
appreciated.
Brian
Business Analyst
JDIS