Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default How to create a view option (or hide/unhide preselected cells)

I should have asked if your other columns were set for Autofilter. In the
example I gave, if columns A through D are set for Autofilter then use
Field:=4 and it should work.

Jim

"Jim Jackson" wrote:

You could try the "Autofilter" approach.

When the button for "Incomplete" could trigger the following code:

Sheets("Sheetname").Select
Activesheet.Columns("D").select ' Assuming Column D holds the terms
"Complete" and "Incomplete"

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=Incomplete"

Jim

"Turquoise_dax" wrote:

I have the following problem: I need to set a worksheet so the user can
choose to view/print it with or without the cells containing exhaustive
explanations. (Those cells are NOT in a single bundle...)

Is there a way, (say, with a button or another macro), that I could set
this worksheet to hide or unhide preselected rows so the user can switch
from one view to another in a single simple operation?

(Any suggestion is welcome: I need all available options.)

THANKS!

For those who wants to know the purpose: it is a compliance matrix
(checklist-like) with design requirements. The cells that need to be
set are the ones containing secondary information regarding each of the
requirements. (The "simple" view should allow to shorten the list
considerably, without loosing the information.)

--
Turquoise_dax
Turquoise_dax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35185