Trevor Shuttleworth

Cheri

it's often the way that explaining something to someone else means you look
more closely and see for yourself what the problem is.

Thanks to RD for jumping in with the answer. I knew that ;-)

Regards

Trevor

"Cheri" wrote in message
Too funny! I JUST figured it out and was coming back to admit my error.
Thanks!!!

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try *removing* the quotes from around your numbers.

=IF(COUNTIF(B266:D266,"X")=3,2,IF(COUNTIF(B266:D26 6,"x")=2,1,0))

--
HTH,

RD

"Cheri" wrote in message
We are giving coupons for objectives met. They have to have 2
objectives

met
to earn 1 coupon, and all 3 objectives met to earn 2 coupons,
otherwise,

the
cell of the row (countif calculation) would return a zero.

In column "T", my formula for each row is:

=IF(COUNTIF(B266:D266,"X")=3,"2",IF(COUNTIF(B266:D 266,"x")=2,"1","0"))

At the column end, I input =SUM(T3:T279) to add all the results of the

above
calculation. It returns a zero even though there are several cells
with

1's
and 2's.

Thanks,
Cheri

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Cheri

Should work. What happens ? Or what doesn't happen ... OK, yeah,
you
don't get a sum. What do you get ?

Regards

Trevor

"Cheri" wrote in message
I have columns that return the countif value but cannot for some
reason
then
add up those values by using the sum function. How would I do
this.

know
it should be easy but I am at a loss!

Thank you,