Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bodhisatvaofboogie bodhisatvaofboogie is offline

Default Cell Deleting and Shifting

That works great, NOW: I use this formula a couple times, when it gets to
the last row of data, I want it to do the deletion without shifting the rows
up, what do I have to put in to avoid that? Without the shift part, it
simply delets then shifts all remaining rows up, and I don't want that.
Thanks!!!!

"Die_Another_Day" wrote:

lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Row
For i = lastrow To 1 Step -1
Set cell = Cells(i, "I")
If IsNumeric(cell) Then
If cell < 7 Then
cell.Offset(0, -4).Resize(1, 6).Delete shift:=xlToLeft
Next

HTH

Die_Another_Day

P.S. Have you ever tried using the macro recorder to figure these
things out?

bodhisatvaofboogie wrote:
Dim lastrow As Long, i As Long
Dim cell As Range

lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "I").End(xlUp).Row
For i = lastrow To 1 Step -1
Set cell = Cells(i, "I")
If IsNumeric(cell) Then
If cell < 7 Then
cell.Offset(0, -4).Resize(1, 6).Delete
Next

This formula works great, THOUGH I want it to do something a little
different. It deletes the appropriate cells, however I want it to shift the
information in the cells to the right of the deleted cells over into their
place(so shift to left). Right now it deletes everything then shifts it up.
So where do I make the change? THANKS!!!