Cheri

Too funny! I JUST figured it out and was coming back to admit my error.
Thanks!!!

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try *removing* the quotes from around your numbers.

=IF(COUNTIF(B266:D266,"X")=3,2,IF(COUNTIF(B266:D26 6,"x")=2,1,0))

--
HTH,

RD

"Cheri" wrote in message
We are giving coupons for objectives met. They have to have 2 objectives

met
to earn 1 coupon, and all 3 objectives met to earn 2 coupons, otherwise,

the
cell of the row (countif calculation) would return a zero.

In column "T", my formula for each row is:

=IF(COUNTIF(B266:D266,"X")=3,"2",IF(COUNTIF(B266:D 266,"x")=2,"1","0"))

At the column end, I input =SUM(T3:T279) to add all the results of the

above
calculation. It returns a zero even though there are several cells with

1's
and 2's.

Thanks,
Cheri

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Cheri

Should work. What happens ? Or what doesn't happen ... OK, yeah, you
don't get a sum. What do you get ?

Regards

Trevor

"Cheri" wrote in message
I have columns that return the countif value but cannot for some reason
then
add up those values by using the sum function. How would I do this.

know
it should be easy but I am at a loss!

Thank you,
Cheri