Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill[_30_] Bill[_30_] is offline

Default Text Box in Chart

Hello,
I have a chart where I want to add some information about the chart (like
average, etc.). I am doing this by adding a text box to the chart. I ran
into the problem that sometime the text box would appear and sometime it
would not. It appears that it will appear if there are less than 255
characters in the text box and not if there are more. Differences occur due
to rounding and different number of decimal places. Below is part of the
code I am using. Any reasons for this?

Thanks,

Bill

ActiveChart.TextBoxes.Add(ChWidth - 0.125 * ChWidth, Chtop - 0.1 * Chtop,
10, 10).Select

Selection.Name = "ds"

ActiveChart.Shapes("ds").Select

Selection.Characters.Text = "Info" & Chr(10) _

& "Sigma= " & Application.Round(SD, NDP) & Chr(10) _

& "Average=" & Application.Round(Xbar, NDP) & Chr(10) _

& "Min=" & Application.Round(MinHist, NDP) & Chr(10) _

& "Max=" & Application.Round(MaxHist, NDP) & Chr(10) _

Etc. etc.