Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brody Brody is offline

Default Excel VBA Macro stops running when another program is activated

Using a dual processor machine running windows 2000 using excel 2000, I run a
vba script that takes a while to complete. The task was taking exceptionally
long to complete, so I looked at the task manager to see how much CPU power
excel was using.

When the VBA editor is the active window, excel uses 50% of the processing
power (1 full processor), however, as soon as another non excel window is
activated, the cpu usage for excel drops to 0% (ie it stops running).

How do I get excel to run VBA scripts when it is NOT the active application?

Thank you