Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mtnbikr9 mtnbikr9 is offline

Default Execute macro many times??

My extent of knowledge with VBA is pretty much plug-and-play, so
hopefully this should be pretty easy...

I have a spreadsheet with 28+ sheets/plys.

I have a simple macro that I need to execute many times on many of
these sheets:
________________
Sub FindRoot()
'
' FindRoot Macro
' Macro recorded 4/1/02
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+R
'
ActiveCell.GoalSeek Goal:=0, ChangingCell:=ActiveCell.Cells(1, -2)
ActiveCell.Cells(2, 1).Select
End Sub
________________

Right now it is laborious to go to each sheet, select the right cells
and execute the macro for all those cells. Below are examples of the
general cases I would like to execute:

I need to execute this macro on sheet 'Order 3' starting at cell I11
and continuing down the column for a total number of iterations equal
to the number of user inputted values, i.e. user inputs 70 values in
Column A, macro will execute 70 times starting at cell I11.

I need to execute this macro on sheet 'Order 3' starting at cell W11
and continuing down the column exactly 150 times to cell W160.

I need to execute this macro on sheet 'Lookup' starting at cell I13 and
continuing down the column for all rows where a numerical value exists
in the corresponding B column.

I also need to execute this macro on sheet 'Compare' starting at cell
F11 and continuing until the text string "Max Exceeded" appears in the
corrresponding cell in Column E.

I would like to link macro execution to the push of a control button
inserted on the main sheet of the spreadsheet (push once, all values
are calculated). A key combination would also work.

If someone has some guidance on fulfilling the general cases above, I
should be able to alter the program to fulfill all of my needs (which
would be awesome!)

--
mtnbikr9
mtnbikr9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35429