Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Seclect Column or Range according to Cell's Contents

Dim oCell As Range
With Range("A7:AJ7")
Set oCell = .Find("Sunday", LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not oCell Is Nothing Then
oCell.Offset(1,0).Resize(30 - oCell.Row).Interior.Colorindex =
15
End If
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nora N" wrote in message
Thank you Bob, However, I still need further assistance

What I actualy need is when the word "Sunday" is founded in a cell within
the range A7:AJ7(Suppose H7) I want range H8:H30 to be shaded in Gray.

Thank you

"Nora N" wrote:

I need a VBA macro to do the following

I have to search for a specific word say "Sunday" within a range

(A7:AJ7).
When the word is found, the column containing the cell with the word
"Sunday", or a special range within the column should be shaded.

Any help would be much appreciated