Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default removing commas in csv

ziggynorton,
Post a sample of the records in XL that are causing you trouble.

NickHK

"ziggynorton"
wrote in message

I've been importing Excel spreadsheets directly into Access just using
the import feature that Access has. However, for some reason, the
latest batch of spreadsheets wouldn't import certain fields, just
creating errors. However, I did find that the best way of exporting
them is using the tab delimiter rather than the comma. As Nick
mentioned, csv SHOULD surround the memo fields with quotes, but this
only happened MOST of the time, a few seemed to slip through the net.
So, the best method, and the one that works, is exporting text with tab
delimiting, which imports directly. This is a link to an article which
discusses the subject but unfortunately, my skills don't allow me to
put this into practice (or to be honest, understand where to put the
code!):
http://support.sas.com/sassamples/qu...delimited.html

--
ziggynorton