Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ziggynorton[_2_] ziggynorton[_2_] is offline

Default removing commas in csv

I've been importing Excel spreadsheets directly into Access just usin
the import feature that Access has. However, for some reason, th
latest batch of spreadsheets wouldn't import certain fields, jus
creating errors. However, I did find that the best way of exportin
them is using the tab delimiter rather than the comma. As Nic
mentioned, csv SHOULD surround the memo fields with quotes, but thi
only happened MOST of the time, a few seemed to slip through the net
So, the best method, and the one that works, is exporting text with ta
delimiting, which imports directly. This is a link to an article whic
discusses the subject but unfortunately, my skills don't allow me t
put this into practice (or to be honest, understand where to put th
code!)
http://support.sas.com/sassamples/qu...adelimited.htm

--
ziggynorto