Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave-13-Matthews Dave-13-Matthews is offline

Default Dynamically change accumulation links when adding worksheets

I have a workbook in which a Summary worksheet accumulates data from a Detail
worksheet. Quite often I need to have extra Detail worksheets which I create
using [hold Ctrl key down, Edit, Move or Copy worksheet, Copy worksheet] as
many times as I need detail worksheets. This renames each copy and updates
all links in the Detail worksheet.

But now I have to manually update the Summary worksheet. ie.
Summary.Total = Detail 1.Subtotal + Detail 2.Subtotal + Detail 3.Subtotal
etc. etc.

Is there a way to dynamically update the cell formulae in the Summary
worksheet to link to the Subtotal cells in the Detail worksheets, as and when
I make new Detail worksheet copies.

I have tried to find a way in Excel functions and also using VBA macros, but
can not find a way to achieve it.

Anybody have any suggestions??
Thanks in advance.