Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew Taylor Andrew Taylor is offline

Default Using Range & Cell

See below for answers to your two specific questions. The
best way would probably depend on how you specify the
"several columns". One approach might be:

Dim topCell as Range, colNo as integer
For Each topCell in Range ("CW1:DD1")
colNo = topCell.Column
' do stuff with the column
Next

Andrew

Jack wrote:
I wish to create a macro that will require processing several columns in an
incremental way.
As far as I can tell, I have 2 options :-
1) Use, for example, Cells(x,colnum) with something like an increment
counter [e.g. colnum = colnum+1] but then I need to know how to translate,
say, column CW into a number.

Range("CW1").Column gives you the column number.

2) Use, for example, Range("CW1") but then how do I increment from CW to CX
to CY etc.

Dim myRange as Range
Set myRange = Range("CW1")
'' do stuff with CW1
Set myRange = Range("CW1").Offset(0,1) ' sets myRange to CX1

Help appreciated & many thanks

Jack