Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Finny[_3_] Finny[_3_] is offline

Default Cell Colors Dependant on Date

You can easily do this with Conditional Formatting using simple date
subtraction.
Do you have to do it with VBA?
You don't have to store today's date in another cell.

Format/Cond Formatting

Condition 1(2 weeks away):
-Change from Cell Value Is to Formula Is
=and(TODAY()-C17,NOW()-C1<=14)
-choose formatting for this condition

Condition 2(1 week away):
-Change from Cell Value Is to Formula Is
=TODAY()-C1<=7
-choose formatting for this condition

Good luck

RJM wrote:
If I were to assign "=NOW()" to say...cell A10 and have column C
dedicated to delivery dates for customers, could I have the cells
automatically change colors the closer it gets the date in cell A10?
For instance: If any of the delivery dates were 2 weeks away then the
cells would turn green, 1 week away those cells would turn limegreen, 3
days away they would turn yellow and past due would be red. Thnx for any
help

--
RJM
RJM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24822