Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Newbie question

Assuming controls from the control toolbox toolbar:

A control on a worksheet doesn't have an initialize event. (or on a
userform, but a userform has such an event).

A combobox can not have a static list - you either need to link/bind it to a
range of cells (using the property ListFillRange), or you need to populate it
with code. This code could be triggered by one of the other events such as
the worksheet activate if that will be fired before you need to use the
combobox.

While controls operate somewhat differently on worksheets, this gives you a
general introduction to their functionality:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
XL97: WE1163: "Visual Basic Examples for Controlling UserForms"

Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for Controlling
UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97

This Application Note is an introduction to manipulating UserForms in
Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the capabilities
of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are available for
UserForms
--------------------

See this tutorial here
http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004...g_userfor.html

How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
Microsoft Excel

Tom Ogilvy

"Barry Clark" wrote:

OK, I have done VBA programming in AutoCAD and now I am venturing into
Excel.

I tried a search but I may not have picked the right keywords and I
found nothing... so don't flame me too hard.

I see that you can insert control objects into an Excel spreadsheet.
When you right click on the control and go to Combobox Object and then
Edit, it takes you the VBA editor. I do not see initialize. I merely
want to populate the pulldown with noneditable values.

Any good tutorials on this? I can't stand microsoft help. haha.

Thanks again, all.

--
Barry Clark
Barry Clark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35267