Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Randy Harmelink Randy  Harmelink is offline

Default Filling out usernames in IE

1. What is oCell? it looks like a cell but I am not sure. Do you dim it earlier?

It's just a single cell created by the iteration of:

For Each oCell In Range(....)

2. What references do you have other than MS Internet Control?

I think that's the only one needed, but I'm not sure. I have a number
of add-ins, so I can't unallocate the references that are in use.

3. How does the code execute? You open IE, navigate to your address and then
run the code? The Set oForm = oIE.Document.forms(0) sets the forms from the
web page I guess

I have another routine I run to do that. This was just an experiment I
ran to see if I could fill in the forms from my spreadsheet. I ran
this routine first:

Dim oIE As InternetExplorer
Sub OpenIE()
Set oIE = New InternetExplorer
oIE.Visible = True
End Sub

Then I manually navigated to the Yahoo! page where I add portfolio
information. Then executed that routine which enters the information,
clicks to continue, and repeats until at end of the data within the
iterating range.

4. How do you find the names of the oForms in the page? I guess you go in IE
to View/Code and then?

Correct.

However, once you have done the OpenIE() routine above, you can also
use the VBA watch function to navigate the oIE object. You should be
able to find the forms and its elements there as well. Between the
source code and the watch list, it's pretty easy to find everything.