Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JOUIOUI JOUIOUI is offline

Default Easy questions about Auto Save

HI Chip,

Can you take a look at this and let me know what I'm doing wrong. I'm
getting a Run time error 438, Object doesn't support this property or method.

ChDir "S:\Assets\All_Records_Access_Table"
Dim FName As String
FName = ActiveWorkbook =
"S:\Assets\Joyce\All_Records_Access_Table\All Records" & Format(Now,
"dd-mmm-yyyy") & ".xls"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs FName

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Try

Dim FName As String
FName = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\Test_" & Format(Now, "dd-mmm-yyyy")
& ".xls"
ThisWorkbook.SaveAs FName

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"JOUIOUI" wrote in message
I have macros that record where the file is being saved to. How
would I add
todays date in the file name. I've tried using =today() and
that didn't work
for me. Is this even possible? Thanks so much