Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Lloyd Don Lloyd is offline

Default Custom Menu Bar

Wow !!! Why din't I think of that ?

Bob, many thanks for al the trouble you went to.

Don
"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
This code disables/re-enables them

Public Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" _
(ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Declare Function GetSystemMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal bRevert As Integer) As Integer

Declare Function DeleteMenu Lib "user32" (ByVal hMenu As Integer, _
ByVal nPosition As Integer, ByVal wFlags As Integer) As Integer

Sub Disable_Control()
Dim X As Integer, hwnd As Long
hwnd = FindWindow("XLMain", Application.Caption)
For X = 1 To 9
'Delete the first menu command and loop until
'all commands are deleted
Call DeleteMenu(GetSystemMenu(hwnd, False), 0, 1024)
Next X
End Sub

Sub RestoreSystemMenu()
Dim hwnd As Long
Dim hMenu
'get the window handle of the Excel application
hwnd = FindWindow("xlMain", Application.Caption)
'restore system menu to original state
hMenu = GetSystemMenu(hwnd, 1)

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don Lloyd" wrote in message

Not really what I'm after. I'm replacing the Worksheet Menu Bar with a
customised one(s) and want to Hide/Disable the controls that appear on
the
right hand side - i.e (Minimise, Maximise, Close). Can this be done and
if
so, how ?

regards,
Don

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls("Insert") .Enabled=False

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Don Lloyd" wrote in message
Hi all,

How do I go about removing/disabling the built-in controls that appear

on
the right of a custom menu bar (x- etc).

Regards
Don