Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Die_Another_Day Die_Another_Day is offline

Default What function(s) should i use?

The closest I can get is to put the formula where you want the result
like this:

J65536 = VLookup(D65536,Sheet1!A:B,2)

This will grab the value of cell D65536, compare it to the range A:B
and return the value in the second column of the array.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do with the null statement.
Let me know if you need more help.

HTH

Die_Another_Day
FurRelKT wrote:
Hello All, a newbe here...

I want to know what function(s) to use with this question.
Question:
-inside a cell i have the word <Null, cells(65536,10)
-i want to check another cell for it's value or at least a part of it's
text value [don't want exact full string], cells(65536,4)
-then i want to have the value from cells(65536,4) [value could be
DEV], look up the text in a lookup table, located in another sheet from
the main sheet
the table would be something like... A2-DEV, B2-Development,
A3-POC, B3-proof of concept, etc...
-then i want it to grab the 2nd column [name-Development in B2] and
replace <Null value within the cells(65536,10) with [Development] as
the name.

Is this possible? I have been studying Vlookup and Index/Match. i am
not sure how to go about it. Thanks all for any ideas.

Keri Taylor