Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Hide/Unhide with cell double click

bones288 presented the following explanation :
On Jan 31, 10:34*am, GS wrote:
bones288 submitted this idea :

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct group or not so pls forgive me if
this question is too 'beginner'.

I'm looking to hide/unhide rows 23 through 29 in a worksheet I have if/
when I dbl click on cell C22. *The only example I can find that leads
me in this direction is:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel
As Boolean)
* *If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("s25")) Is Nothing Then
* * * Columns(35).EntireColumn.Hidden = Not
Columns(35).EntireColumn.Hidden
* *End If
End Sub

But something was mentioned regarding if 'you want to simply toggle
visibility and not enter into edit mode then you'll have to Cancel =
True'. *Well, I want only to toggle visibility and don't care for edit
mode. *I can get the example above to work for it's intended
purpose. . . but am failing to modify if for my own purposes.
Can someone tell me how to covert the example to work on a range of
rows, and what Cancel = True means and how to implement it.
Thanks for you patients,
Bones

If you want to avoid using VBA macros, you can set those rows to use
'Outline' so you click a -/+ button to hide/unhide those rows. This can
be done with groups of rows AND groups of columns. Just select the rows
(or columns) you want to group and use *DataGroup and Outline *in
XL2003 and earlier. In XL2007 and later use Group in the Outline
section on the Data tab. If you don't want the +/- buttons AFTER the
group, you can clear the checkboxes in the Settings dialog. Once
cleared, the +/- boxes will be positioned BEFORE the group.

This will allow you to set up as many groups as you like. Groups can
also have subgroups.

--
Garry

Free usenet access athttp://www.eternal-september.org

Incredible and exactly what I was after. Thanks so much.

You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback...

--
Garry