Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Q. Mike Q. is offline

Default Linking Tab Names to a single cell with a worksheet

As long as you have already saved the Worksheet with the Tab name you want, I
think this is what your looking for.
Sub MyTab()
If Range("A1") = "" Then
[A1] =
"=MID(CELL(""FILENAME"",A1),FIND(""]"",CELL(""FILENAME"",A1))+1,225)"
Mike Q.

"Manager" wrote:

P.S. I have tried the following with no success.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo CleanUp
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
Me.Name = .Value
End If
End With
CleanUp:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Manager wrote:
I have tried modifying the VBA code using several of the previous
suggestions but it does not change.

I am trying to link a worksheets "TAB" name to a particular cell in a
pre-existing file.

Question?
Does the sheet need to be named as a default "Sheet1"?