Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pietersz Pietersz is offline

Default Runtimem Error 9 Subscript Out of Range

Its my first time posting a question so bear with me.

My application has an auto-open macro which displays an advanced user form
(i.e. frm___.Show), which then activates a work sheet to populate the form
with data from the worksheet. I get €śRuntime error 9 subscript out of range€ť
on the €śWorksheets(€śWorkSheetName€ť).Activate if another Excel work book is
already open prior to my opening the application. My guess is that its
because the open workbook does not contain the worksheet that Im trying to
activate.

I can avoid this by shutting down all open instances of Excel prior to
opening my application but in order to make my application end user proof Id
like to see if there is a way of bypassing this problem. Id like to have
the application open without problems even when another Excel instance is
already opened since the end users may not be knowledgeable enough to close
down all Excel prior to opening the application.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.