Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
pianoman[_46_] pianoman[_46_] is offline

Default how to log all excel files opened on my pc?

Sorry, I can't give you the exact code, but I'm not an expert myself!

I think what you're looking for is an Auto_open routine stored in the
personal.xls file, which you hide and then save as the template for all
excel documents on your pc. Then you write code into the Auto_open sub
which which collect all that info and write to a log file. This will
then open and run any time an excel file is opened.

Getting all the info is pretty straight forward, and opening a file
and adding the entries to an existing list is easy... hope this helps.
Let me know if you need code for those bits.

Regards,
Gareth

Wrote:
I'm looking for a program or process by which all excel files will be
written to a text log file or a personal.xls worksheet on my pc.

A log entry would be created each time I open a file.

The log entry would list the name of the file, the path, the date, and
time, and the file type.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JGalt