Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default "LAST SAVED BY".... (Help)

i just use
Range("K2").Value = "Saved by " & Environ("UserName")

in a workbook_beforesave module

what's wrong with this? works for my needs

--

Gary

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Use Last Author rather than Author.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"cidc" wrote in message

HI, I´M NEEDING HELP FOR GETTING THE \"LAST SAVED BY\" FOR A SHARED
EXCEL FILE AND PLACE IT IN A CELL...

SO FAR I COULD GET THE \"AUTHOR\" NAME WITH:
_=GETPROPERTY(\\"AUTHOR\\")__USING THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC FUNCTION:

-Public Function GetProperty(P As String, Optional WorkbookName As
Variant)
Dim S As Variant
Dim WB As Workbook
On Error Resume Next
If IsMissing(WorkbookName) Then
If TypeOf Application.Caller Is Range Then
Set WB = Application.Caller.Parent.Parent
Else
Set WB = ActiveWorkbook
End If
Else
Set WB = Workbooks(WorkbookName)
End If
S = WB.CustomDocumentProperties(P)
If S < "" Then
GetProperty = S
Exit Function
End If
On Error GoTo EndMacro
GetProperty = WB.BuiltinDocumentProperties(P)
Exit Function
EndMacro:
GetProperty = ""
End Function-

THANKS :) IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY SEND.-

cidc
cidc's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549183