Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] Ryan.Chowdhury@gmail.com is offline

Default Selecting a Pattern of Cells

If you're really looking to cull items from a list by manually copying
and pasting, versus some advanced filter macro, or some other
aggregating function on another tab, here's my suggestion.

In a column adjacent to your data, create a function that turns your
criteria into a 1 or 0. So in your example, if you were to look for
every 7th item, use the if function, the mod function and the row()
function to look for a remainder of 0. Assign that IF outcome to 1 and
the rest to zero. Then use an autofilter and filter the dataset on the
column you created to only display those items "flagged" with a 1. Now
you can copy and paste that data anywhere and only those rows
corresponding to "1" would get pasted.

bodhisatvaofboogie wrote:
What would a formula for a macro look like for selecting a specific pattern
of cells within a column. For example:

I would like to select every 7th cell of Column A. What I mean by that is,
select cell A7, and A14, A21, A28, A35, etc on down the line. Make
Sense???

Then I would like to follow up that selection by taking them all, cutting
them and moving them UP three rows, and Over to the right 4 columns. That
make sense??? I'm not having much luck gettin anywhere on this one.
Thanks!!!