Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
suzupis suzupis is offline

Default How can I do the equivalent of "filesearch" in Office 2007?

I have several macros written for excel which use the application.filesearch
method to retrieve files within a directory. It appears that Office 2007 no
longer supports this.
("File=Search is no longer in MS Office with the 2007 edition. The Office
team has relinquished responsibilities for search back to the Windows team.")

Any suggestions on how to replace this code
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
path = ActiveSheet.Parent.path
Set FileS = Application.FileSearch
With FileS
.NewSearch
.Filename = ""
.LookIn = path
.SearchSubFolders = True
.Execute
End With
For Each F In Application.FileSearch.FoundFiles
Workbooks.Open Filename:=F
'
' do stuff
'
Workbooks(2).Close
Next F
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

One suggestion is to use Use Windows Script Host's FileSystemObject.
"It's not quite the same, and if the OP is taking advantage of XL11 and
priors' ability to index .xls files, there isn't comparable OS functionality
in Wndows XP,
so unlikely in any previous Windows version."

Would anyone have a sample of the code to do this?