Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bevy Bevy is offline

Default Insert blank row above populated cell

Thanks again Don,

I have just demonstrated to you the extent of my ignorance! I am going
to demand that I go on a course, or that they buy me a very good book!
:)

Don Guillett wrote:
try
Sub insertifnotblank()
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If Len(Cells(i, "a")) 1 Then Rows(i).Insert
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Bevy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there, I have a column mostly consisting of blank cells. What I
need is some vba that finds any populated cells and then inserts a new
row above it. Is the best way to do this by using ISTEXT, or NOT
(ISBLANK). I'm sure the answer is very simple, but not for me! Any
advice would be really appreciated. Thank u, BJ