Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Merge to Columns with Unknown length

In Column J, assuming the values are constants and not formulas and the
other cells are empty:

set rng = Columns(10).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
for each cell in rng
cells(cell.row,"F").Value = cell.Value
Next
rng.ClearContents

Tom Ogilvy

"SITCFanTN" wrote in message
HI Nigel,

I have the same situation but I need to put the data that is in column
J and move it to column F in the same row. How would I alter this code to
accomplish this. The cells in Column F are empty on these rows where

there
is data in column J. Thanks
"Nigel" wrote:

Puts the merged cells B and C into cell A for only rows up to the last
column B entry.....

with activesheet
xlastrow = .cells(rows.count,2).end(xlup).row
for x = 1 to xlastrow
.cells(x,1) = .cells(x,2) & " " & .cells(x,3) & " "
next x
end with

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Steve M" wrote

in
message ...

Hi - I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns

House Name
House Number

I want to merge these to columns and I have used the following

=B2&" "&C2&" "

This works fine except I want to run a macro that automatically merges
these 2 columns from a helper column I created - the only problem

being
I do not know how many House names or numbers need merging per
spreadsheet so my macro automatical self calculates 500 rows but the
database these spreadsheets can uploaded in to keeps reading the blank
spaces left behind in the empty rows and failing

Anyone know how to let the macro know when to stop at the last row of
data please

Any help appreciated

--
Steve M