Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Conditional format incorrect if not on starting row

Kevin,

John Walkenbach has something to say on the subject here...
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd07.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Kevin Vaughn"

wrote in message
I have a program that is mostly working but I have discovered, more or less
by trial and error that if my cursor is not on the row in which the program
will start adding data, then the conditional format formula my procedure
builds will use the incorrect row. I know that the variable I am using
represents the correct row for the CF as I have put a break point on that
line, but still the CF does not use the variables content unless I make sure
my cursor is on the row that the variable is equal to.
Here is the line where I have my breakpoint and below that is the complete
section where the problem is occurring. It doesn't seem like I should have
to have my cursor in any particular row, and if anyone else ever ends up
using this, I know that is going to be too hard to explain why they need to
do that.
- snip -