Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners
Jezebel[_3_] Jezebel[_3_] is offline

Default Beginners question: how to stop / abort execution of vba program

Bob, really, this has been debated and resolved in times *long* past. Do a
Google on something like VBA +"End statement" to get chapter and verse on
it.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
I know, but I would assume that anyone wanting to use End would be wanting
just that effect. As to your previous point, as I said previously, it is
bad
coding, but not End causing the problem, that problem will occur if the
code
is not self-tidying, with or without End.

Your advice about Google doesn't help me much, what search criteria do I
use. End and Excel crash gets millions, but none that I can see about
being
caused by an End statement (Problem is that End is ubiquitous, End If, End
Sub, etc.)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Using End in a VBA application also clears any global variables. Any
class
objects referenced by those variables are destroyed without notice, and
without the firing the class's Terminate event.