Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jani Jani is offline

Default Template - Save As File Name

Wow - thanks for the quick reply!! So it works but not quite right. It saves
it but on the Desktop since that is where I put it and the associate might
want to place it elsewhere and the macro needs to run automatically when the
file is closed. Do you have further instructions for me?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Instead of using the builtin menus (File|Save, File|SaveAs), have the associate
run your Save_It macro.

Jani wrote:

In looking at all these helpful hints, I am doing something wrong with what
should be simple code. I have an Excel template and want the file to be saved
to a reference cell. When I click on Save, Close, Save as.. it defaults to
the name of the template. The associate can save the file wherever she/he
wants to. Need some assistance - thanks! Jani
Sub save_it()
Dim fname
With ActiveWorkbook
fname = .Worksheets("worksheet1").Range("b9").Value & ".xls"
.SaveAs fname
End With

Dave Peterson