Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GregR GregR is offline

Default Make Values from formulas

Sean, yes that's right

Greg
Sean wrote:
Yes and also change Columns(first).Select to Columns(first + 1).Select.

note also that is only changes the immediate left column. I read in one of
your replies that you wanted to count columns to the left. Does that mean you
want to change all columns to the left except column A?

"GregR" wrote:

Sean, if I wanted to skip Column "A", would I select B1. Your other
assumptions are correct, except it is always the first sheet in the
workbook.

Greg
Sean wrote:
try something like this

Sub example()

Dim first As Integer

Worksheets("Sheet3").Activate

Range("A1").Select

first = 1

Do While ActiveCell.Offset(0, first).Value < "Running Totals"
first = first + 1
Loop

Columns(first).Select

Selection.Copy
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Application.CutCopyMode = False

Range("A1").Select

End Sub

you would have to run this every month. this assumes that the sheet is
called "sheet3" so you would have to change that appropriately. It also
assumes the heading is in row 1 so if it is not, you have to change the 0 in
Do While ActiveCell.Offset(0, first).Value < "Running Totals" to 1 or 2 or
whatever depending on which row in is in.

hope that helps

"GregR" wrote:

I have a spreadheet that has a column, titled "Running Totals". This
column moves each month after the first of the month. When I move that
column, I want to automatically convert any formulas to the left of the
column into their numeric value. How? TIA

Greg