Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] kaur.dilpreet@gmail.com is offline

Default Need help - extracting data from cell

Hi!
I am fairly new to the programming area. And this one I really need
help on. I am importing a text file in excel and then running a macro
to extract useful data.
P:\DAVID\00019\xyz.wpd
P:\DAVID\00019\C\abc.wpd
P:\DAVID\CTC\Baker\99114\abc.wpd
P:\DAVID\CTC\Baker\99114\xyz.wpd
P:\DAVID\CTC\FGH\01161\abc.wpd

The first thing I need to do is to extract the five digit number from
this directory listing in each cell. Now, I thought it was pretty
simple because I could use Mid formula but the problem arises when the
location of the numbers change in every cell.

I am not very good at writing an IF clause for extracting this kind of
data,.

Please help!