Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HK[_4_] HK[_4_] is offline

Default Macros in Toolbar

"Robin Hammond" wrote in message
In theory, you can create a custom toolbar and attach it to a spreadsheet.

Goto View, Toolbars, Customise, and use the Attach button.

I say in theory because it is not always reliable. For complex toolbars,
many of us will build the toolbar through code rather than relying on the
attachment. Still, give it a try and see if it works.

Attaching seems to work as long as one uses the same version of excel stored
locally on your own C-drive. If one has stored the excel e.g. on some
database and then downloads the latest version of excel (even though the
custom commands have not changed), the commands in the custom toolbar do not
work anymore. It is easy to fix however, go to the "toolbar view" and delete
the custom tools from the toolbar, close the excel and open it again. Now
the tools are visible again and the commands work. I suppose this has to do
with the excel**.xlb file.

Is there any way I could automate the above procedure to recover the custom
toolbar? I would prefer not to use a macro for this because this means that
I cannot have the macro available in the custom made toolbar. Or is someone
aware of some other clever(er) way to recover the custom toolbar commands?