Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dvonj[_2_] dvonj[_2_] is offline

Default Color text based on value

Works like a charm. Found out we also need for it to stay the same if the
returned value is zero (on target) so with conditional formatting we get
exactly what we want. Red for over budget, Blue for under budget and black
if we are on target.

Thanks for the tip.

"Magnivy" wrote in message
You could use conditional formating. Highlight the column and then click
Format -- Conditional Formatting. If you have problems from there, let me
know.

Hope this helps.

Magnivy

"dvonj" wrote:

I'm using a great per-built Budget form but need to make some changes for
it
to work the way we need it to. There is a column that displays the
difference between the actual amount spent and the budgeted amount. I
would
like for this column to display red text if the value is minus(over
budget)
and blue text if the value is positive(under budget).

Is there a macro or something I can use to make this work?