Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian J. Matuschak Brian J. Matuschak is offline

Default Best tutorial for building base/collection classes?

Greetings:

I have an Excel 2003 workbook with a sheet that was intended to schedule
someone on the sheet (marked with green cells) through automation to Outlook
2003. Now I find that I have to expand this to batch scheduling, and it
would seem that I'd have to use a Collection object as it gathers from the
sheet the event name, the employee name, start date, and end date, and that
the reference would have to be called from this snippet in my code:
' Stuff up here works
' Add a scheduled employee to the collection with event name, employee name,
start date, and end date that are stored in variables created above
' Iterate through the collection and send Outlook appointments to shared
calendars (I know how to do this).

So, I've done a lot of searching through books and the Web, but nothing
seems to stick. Does anyone out there know of a basic primer or tutorial out
there that doesn't refer to VB 6 forms or is written in a continuous manner?
The "Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Programmer's Guide" is a bit disjointed.

Your help is most appreciated,
--
Brian J. Matuschak